Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bad Apple!! - Stop Motion PV

Here is something I wanted to post in relation to one of the themes I hope to explore in this project. This is the theme of how important culture is to me.

This video has nothing to do with action figures, but it does have to do with cultural impact. The characters features in this video are from a game I have never played; yet they are familiar to me. I know some of their names, and many of the images are completely understood to me. I marvel at the original video, of anime girls moving in such a way that they seem completely alive. I also marvel at the creators ability to remix the original video, it simply shows a fan of the internet anime culture using his talents to express his love for the original video. I hope I can use some of my talents to express the love I have for this (these) culture(s) later on in this course, this blog, and my art practices in general.

If you watch the linked CNN report on this video, you can hear a woman say how she doesn't understand what is going on; and how she'll need to watch it a few more times to understand. I understood within moments. From the second I saw a familiar silhouette I recognized as the character Marisa.

I hope you'll excuse this video post, and I hope the relation to my subject matter is somewhat clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment