Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SHUT UP Shut up shut u- ><...
























The idea for these photos came from reading the "What toys are up to" section of Tomopop.com (links to be updated) and wondering how I could turn this into something resembling an art project. Being that it's winter, my opportunities for toy exploration were somewhat limited. So, I took my ideas about my creativity being inhibited, and even a bit of my toys being alive ideas and sort of combined them.

The character I choose is relevant, but with emphasis on her character archetype rather than specific character. This character (Shana) is what is called a "Tsundere" character type which is one applied to females. The traits common with this type are hotheaded or brash attitudes, with an easily embarrassed, emotional inside. The mood I tried to capture in these photos reflects my own feelings toward my ability to express myself using toys and figures the way I want to, but I think it also just has a nice moody atmosphere going on.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photoset. First one is captures the atmosphere particularly well as it shows just barely enough Shana for the viewers to know what's going on while the rest of her is blocked by the fence, effectively creating a sense of anxiety from both the audience and Shana herself seemingly!

    ReplyDelete