Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Experiments in Photography

Here are two mini-series of photos I did while experimenting for the digital photography WIP section of the course. I really wanted to play around in photoshop, and do some cutting and pasting, but my vision for the project became much more personal in the last few days. I felt that simply doing the obvious and pasting figures into real world scenarios or images of them facing their true origin point (like a comic book, or a youtube video) seemed too cheap, or too overdone.

I also wanted to explore the fact that these figures sometimes have removable faces and body parts, and what that represents and relates to a part of my new theme of personal extensions and the more personal emotional aspects of my theme I am still trying to solidify in my mind. However I determined that this might be more interesting a challenge to explore with video or performance.

So, here are some photos relating to my ideas of figures as pets. And also two images of an Aquaman action figure I got in the doll aisle at Wal-mart. I got yelled at taking the photos so while they don't really fit with the theme of the other few in this post, I felt I should post them to make my embarrassment worth it.

Check back in a few hours for the full 8-photo series!










No comments:

Post a Comment